Patricia Anne Beech came to fame after she walked down the aisle with her ex-husband, Tony Bennett. He is a renowned singer, painter, and the founder of Frank Sinatra School of Arts in Astoria, Queens, New York.
Patricia was the second wife of Tony. They were in a conjugal relationship for almost two decades. When they were together, they welcomed two kids.
Let’s get right into it!
Top 31 Facts of Patricia Beech
- Patricia Beech was born to her father, Harold Beech in Mansfield, Ohio.
- She finished elementary school at Hedges Grade School (now Hedges Elementary School).
- Similarly, she completed her schooling at John Simpson Junior High School.
- Beech then went on to study in an art school in Cleveland.
Marriage and Divorce with Tony Bennett
- Patricia Beech married Tony Bennett on February 12, 1951, at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City.
- They first met when she was 19 in Cleveland after Tony’s nightclub performance. She had asked for his autograph after his performance. They tied the knot a year after.
- The news of their marriage was announced by her father, Harold.
- Tony was a heartthrob during that period. This might be the reason why 2,000 female fans dressed in black gathered outside their wedding venue in mock mourning.
- Her former partner had to always be on the road for concerts and musical events and this played a big part in their divorce.
The long separations when I left home to play the clubs killed both marriages. But I had to go on the road. I was in vaudeville, and a vaudevillian goes where the work is. But for a marriage to work, both parties have to be there.Tony on how his work killed his marriage!
- Their divorce could have been saved but Beech didn’t ever travel with him though he had asked her to.
- The pair separated in 1965, but their divorce was finalized only in 1971.
- On September 25, 1969, Beech sued her ex-husband for divorce on grounds of adultery and desertion after 17 years of marriage at Chancery Division of Superior Court.
- Tony had committed adultery with Sandra Grant (his second wife) and was expecting a baby though he wasn’t officially divorced.
- According to the documents filed, Bennett left her on August 19, 1964, and “wilfully, continuously, and obstinately” deserted her.
- They were officially divorced in 1971 after Beech received an undisclosed amount as alimony.
Has She Re-married?
- After the divorce, Patricia chose to stay away from the media limelight. Hence, we are unsure of her latter relationships.
- As for Tony, he married his second wife, Sandra Grant on December 29, 1971, in a private wedding ceremony. They separated in 1979 but finalized their divorce only in 2007.
- Bennett is now married to his third wife, Susan Marion Crow. They hitched on June 21, 2007, in New York.
Has Two Kids with Tony
- While Patricia Beech and Tony Bennett were together, they welcomed two kids, both sons, Danny Andrea (D’Andrea) and Daegal Angel (Dae / D’Angel) Bennett.
- Their elder son, D’Andrea was born in 1954, two years after their marriage.
- Similarly, their younger son, Dae was born a year after in 1955.
- When Patricia and Tony divorced, D’Andrea was 17 and D’Angel was 16.
- Even after the separation, Tony was always around for his kids.
Divorce smashes something. And it affects everyone – kids as well as grown-ups. One of my few regrets is that I wasn’t with my children as much as I would have liked. But I did stay involved with them. I truly tried to be a good father and some of my most wonderful moments were with them.Tony talks about his kids.
- His elder son also feels the same!
Prior to my folks’ split, I remember a wonderful childhood, waking up to hear Count Basie and Duke Ellington jamming in our basement. Even after the divorce, I remember my father as always being around. I was proud of him.Danny on his father!
- In 1979, Danny took over his father’s management and created a campaign to put his father’s talents in front of young audiences. His album sales skyrocketed and Columbia Records were urged to resign him.
- Danny and Daegal have two step-siblings from their father’s second marriage, Joanna (born 1970) and Antonia Bennett (born 1974).
Net Worth and Career
- Patricia Beech used to work as a model to get through art school. This was when she met her ex-husband.
- After her divorce, she went radio silent, so we really don’t know what she is doing. However, as she was an art student, she should have become an artist.
- Her net worth is still up in the air. In contrast, Tony Bennett holds an estimated net worth of $200 million.
- After separating from her former husband, she used to live in her $150,000 Englewood home with her two kids.
- When she sued him, she received an undisclosed amount as alimony.
If we missed anything about Patricia, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Celebrity Partners to Follow!
- 16 Facts to Know about J. D. Pardo’s Wife, Emily Frlekin!
- 34 Facts to Know about Russel Peters’ Ex-Fiancee, Ruzanna Khetchian!
- 24 Facts to Know about Willam Belli’s Husband, Bruce Bealke!