Lynette Romero is a journalist who’s been working for the KTLA News Station for over 23 years.
Lynette started her journalism career in 1988 a few months before graduating from college and eventually won the prestigious Golden Mike Award from the Radio and Television News Association of Southern California. Talking about her personal life, she’s a married woman with two kids.
Let’s get to know more about her!
Top 30 Facts of Lynette Romero
- Lynette Romero was born on February 2, 1967, in Denver, Colorado, US, to her parents, Andy Andelecio and Viola Lydia Romero.
- She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of Colorado in 1989.
Married to David Angulo
- Lynette Romero married David Angulo on July 11, 2003, at the Los Angeles River Center and Gardens.
- The pair first met in January 1994 when they were enrolled at the Spanish Immersion Program at the University of Guadalajara.
- They couldn’t get into a relationship at first since Lynette lived in Denver and David resided in LA.
- Eventually, the pair got into a long-distance relationship.
- David took her to Mexico to propose to her. They walked down the aisle six months after.
- Lynette’s cousins walked her down the aisle.
- The pair paid a tribute to Romero’s late dad and her partner’s late brother at their reception.
- Their wedding reception had a buffet style Mexican dinner and three-tiered cake (buttercream, chocolate chip, and carrot cake flavors.)
- On August 3, 2004, a year after their marriage, the duo became parents to their daughter, Olivia Angulo. She is 17-years-old.
- On May 12, 2019, on the occasion of Mother’s Day, Olivia appeared on KTLA Live News to surprise her mother.
- Lynette also had a pet dog, Lulu. She adopted her on June 18, 2016.
Lynette Romero’s Weight Loss
- Lynette Romero has lost a total of 70 lbs since starting to lose weight in April 2019.
- In the first three months, she dropped 8 lbs and following that, she went on to lose 2 lbs per week on average.
- She lost 10 lbs on September, 7 lbs on October, 9 lbs on November, 6 lbs on December, 7 lbs on January.
- Lynette lost weight thanks to intermittent fasting.
- She started with a 16 hours fast 8 hours eating period and went on to increase her fasting period to 20 hours a day.
- At the moment, she is following the OMAD Diet (One Meal a Day).
- Follow this link for an in-depth artice on Lynette’s weight loss!
Net Worth of the Journalist
- Lynette Romero’s estimated net worth is $1.5 million.
- According to Glassdoor, an average news anchor gets paid around $52,417 annually. Since, Lynette has been working as a news anchor for over 20 years, she might be getting paid around $94 thousand per year.
- She began her career as a reporter for KUSA-TV in 1988. She worked there for a decade until 1998.
- While working for KUSA-TV, she also worked for KVUE-TV (sister company of KUSA-TV) in Austin, Texas, for a year.
- In 1998, she joined KTLA as a general assingment reporter. Eventually, she went on to work as a news anchor.
- She has been working there for over 20 years.
- Romero is a member of National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
- She’s also an Advisory Board Member for the University of Colorado School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Meanwhile, she has also taught reporting and anchoring for a UCLA extension.
- In contrast, her husband, David Angulo boasts an estimated $1 million net worth. He has an extension of the famous restaurant, Jimboy’s Tacos.
If we missed anything about Lynette, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Journalists to Follow!
- 27 Facts to Know about Journalist Fredricka Whitfield!
- 37 Facts to Know about Journalist Diane Sawyer!