Layla Kiffin rose to fame for being the former wife of the current head football coach of the Univerity of Mississippi, Lane Kiffin. She is also famous for being the daughter of John Reaves, a former football player.
Layla and Lane were married for over a decade but they couldn’t hold on to their relationship. After three kids and a 12-year-long marriage, they separated.
Let’s get to know some facts about Layla!
Top 21 Facts of Layla Kiffin
- Layla Kiffin was born on January 3, 1974, in Florida, USA, to parents John and Patti Reaves.
- Her father was a professional football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for eleven seasons and the United States Football League (USFL) for three seasons.
- John died on August 1, 2017, at the age of 57.
- Layla grew up with two siblings, David and Stephen Reaves.
- She attended Buchholz High School prior to graduating from the University of Florida in 1996.
Married to Lane Kiffin
- Layla Kiffin was married to Lane Kiffin for 12 long years.
- The pair first met in 1999 through Lane’s dad, Monte Kiffin, who was working as an NFL defensive coordinator at the time.
- They strated dating and got engaged three months later.
I thought he was going to say that he was getting out of coaching and wanted a job. Instead, he asked if he could marry my daughter. I called her to ask her, ‘Is he serious?’ I wasn’t supposed to ruin the surprise. They bought an engagement ring that same day.
- The couple walked down the aisle three years later on July 1, 2004.
Divorce from Lane
- The duo lived happily for over a decade. Unfortunately, they couldn’t continue living together.
- They divorced on February 28, 2016, citing irreconcilable differences.
After a lot of careful thought and consideration, Layla and I have mutually decided to divorce. We are fully committed to our kids’ future being our No. 1 priority. We will maintain an amicable relationship with respect for each other as we raise these three wonderful children. We will have no further comments and appreciate respect for our family’s privacy.Joint statement regarding Layla and Lane’s divorce.
- Though Lane and Layla divorced citing irreconcilable differences, the major reason was believed to be the extramarital affair rumors of the former.
- Around August 2015, there were rumors of Lane having extramarital affairs with Kristen Saban, the daughter of University of Alabama‘s head coach, Nick Saban.
- Following their divorce, Layla received $250,000 as the divorce settlement.
- In addition, she also receives 34.5% of her ex-husband’s earnings.
- It is believed that she now lives in a rented Manhattan beach house paying $10 thousand every month.
I pay around 52% in taxes. Layla gets 34.5% in the divorce, and [agent Jimmy Sexton] gets 3%. I make [about] 9% and I’m living in Tuscaloosa.Lane reveals about his earnings to SI.
Mother of Three
- Layla Kiffin and her ex-husband, Lane Kiffin are parents to three children.
- They welcomed their first child, daughter, Landry in 2005.
- Two years later, they bore their second daughter, Pressley.
- Their youngest child, son, Knox was born in 2009.
If we missed anything about Layla, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Celebrity Partners to Follow!
- 28 Facts to Know about Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti, Paul Giamatti’s Ex-Wife!
- 18 Facts to Know about BreAnne LaFleur, Matt LaFleur’s Wife!
More Celebrity Kids to Follow!