Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti is the ex-wife of the American actor, Paul Giamatti.
Working as a writer, producer, and director, Elizabeth has been able to get nominated for four awards and went on to win one of them.
Let’s get to know more about her!
Top 28 Facts about Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti
- Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti was born on September 20, 1962, in Queens, New York, USA, to her parents, Dr. Fern W. and Daniel B. Cohen.
- Her father was a senior Vice President and consultant at the Segal Company.
- Similarly, her mother was a psychoanalyst in private practice in New York.
- Her maternal grandfather, Edward Weinfeld, was a Federal District Court Judge.
- She is Jewish.
- The 59-year-old graduated with a M.F.A. degree in dramaturgy from the Yale School of Drama.
- She also has a M.F.A. degree in cinema studies from the New York University.
- She graduated from the Brown University prior to joining the New York University.
Married to Paul Giamatti
- Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti was previously married to the Cinderella Man actor, Paul Giamatti.
- The couple walked down the aisle on Monday, October 13, 1997, at her parents’ apartment.
- Her maternal grandfather’s law clerk, Judge John G. Koeltl of Federal District Court, officiated their wedding.
- After their marriage, the duo started living in Venice, California.
- Unfortunately, the pair separated after a few years of marriage.
- The date and reason of their divorce is kept secret to date.
- While Cohen has remained single, her former husband was once spotted with a brunette in 2019.
Mother of One
- Elizabeth Cohen is the mother of one child.
- With her ex-husband, Paul Giamatti, she bears one son, Samuel Paul Giamatti.
- Sam was born in 2001.
- He is being raised a Jew though his dad is an atheist.
My wife is Jewish. And I’m fine with my son being raised as a Jew. He’s learning Hebrew and is really into it. I will talk to my own son about my atheism when the time is right.Paul on his son being raised a Jew.
- According to Star Studds, Sam, 20, works as a DJ at Brown Student and Community Radio, 101.1 FM LP-Providence.
I wouldn’t discourage my son from acting but neither would I encourage it actively. Sam is interesting, a funny combination of being a little shy and sometimes enjoying stuff like acting. He’s a really good kid, he’s a lot of fun. He likes to read and watch movies like I did at his age. Fatherhood is OK.Paul talks about fatherhood.
Career in Showbiz
- Elizabeth Cohen Giamatti is currently working as a director, writer, and producer.
- She has a total of four credits under her belt.
- Her first movie, Pretty Bird, was released in 2008.
- A year later, she released Cold Souls.
- In 2013, she released Almost Christmas.
- Her most successful producer and director credit came in 2015 with the release of documentary/biography, A Woman Like Me.
- In 2015, Elizabeth and her fellow writer cum director, Alex Sichel won the Special Jury Award for A Woman Like Me at the SXSW Film Festival.
- She and Alex were also nominated for several other awards including Film Independent Spirit Awards’ Truer Than Fiction Award in 2016.
If we missed anything about Elizabeth, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Celebrity Partners to Follow!
- 31 Facts to Know about Patricia Beech, First Wife of Tony Bennett!
- 24 Facts to Know about Willam Belli’s Husband, Bruce Bealke!
- 18 Facts to Know about BreAnne LaFleur, Matt LaFleur’s Wife!
More Celebrity Family to Follow!