Chiquis Rivera is an American singer and TV personality known for the Grammy-winning album, Playlist. She is also known for being the daughter of singer, Jenni Rivera.
Rivera started her singing career in 2014 with a single, Paloma Blanca. It came as a tribute to her mom two years after her demise. Fast forward to 2021, she is a singing sensation with three albums to her name.
Let’s get to know some facts about Chiquis Rivera.
Top 27 Facts of Chiquis Rivera
- Chiquis Rivera was born as Janney Marin Rivera on June 26, 1985, in Los Angeles, California, to her parents, Jenni and Jose Trinidad Marin.
- She was born when her mother was still in high school. Her parents walked down the aisle only after her birth.
- She is the eldest of four siblings, Jacqueline (1989), Michael Marin (1991), Jenicka (1997), and Juan Angel (2001).
- She’s a Presbyterian.
- Her mother, Jenni died at the age of 43 on December 9, 2012, in a plane crash.
- Her mom and six others died when returning from a concert at Monterrey Arena in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon.
- The plane, Learjet 25, was flying to Toluca.
- The flight took off at about 3:20 am local time and crashed 15 minutes later.
- The wreckage was found later in the day near Iturbide, Nuevo Leon.
- The probable cause of accident was “loss of control of the aircraft for undetermined reasons.”
Marriage and Divorce from Lorenzo Mendez
- Chiquis Rivera was previously married to the former vocalist of La Original Banda El Limon vocalist, Lorenzo E. Mendez Ronquillo.
- They walked down the aisle in June 2019.
- She became a mother to her partner’s daughter, Victoria Nicole Mendez, from his previous relationship.
- According to People, Mendez proposed to her in 2018 on a white horse. She was presented with a huge diamond ring.
- Her engagement was captured on the reality show, The Riveras.
- A year after their marriage, on September 17, 2020, Rivera anncouned her separation through social media.
Dating Emilio Sanchez
- Chiquis Rivera seems to be dating Becky G‘s photographer, Emilio Sanchez at the moment.
- The pair were first seen together on LaLengua‘s Instagram. The photo shows her hiding behind Sanchez.
- Emilio was seen kissing Chiquis on her cheek on May 29 during his birthday.
- On June 26, her partner wished her a happy birthday writing, “Cheers to my peace, the light of my life and my love. Happy birthday to the sweetest soul.”
- In 1997, her aunt, Rosie Rivera confessed to her sister, Jenni how her former partner, Jose Trinidad Marin had sexually molested her and how he was doing the same to Chiquis.
- After the medical checkup, it was found out that Jose had even molested Jacqie.
- The case was opened against Jose and he stayed as a fugitive for 9 years until he was apprehended in April 2006.
- He was convicted of sexual assault and rape and on May 2007, he was sentenced to more than 31 years in prison without parole.
- Despite her father abusing her, she doesn’t feel any hatred towards him.
For what he did to me as a little girl, I forgave him a thousand times. But it would be a betrayal of my mother if I sought out the friendship of a man who never even sent me a message of condolence [after Jenni died].Chiquis doesn’t hate her father.
- Besides being abused by her dad, she was also molested by a woman.
She would touch me, and she asked me to touch and stimulate her…Until one day she didn’t ask me to play anymore and the afternoons spent in the corners disappeared, along with that abusive woman.Rivera on how she was molested by a woman when she was nine.
Some More Facts
- Chiquis Rivera published her autobiography, Forgiveness, on April 7, 2015 through Atria Books.
- El Chalino Sanchez‘s son, Adan Sanchez was her first love.
- She was kicked out of the house at 14 after she went out with her friends without letting her mother know.
- After staying at her grandma’s house, she had gained weight. Her late mom was super strict and put her on a diet and forced her to work out.
- She admitted that she had no idea about her mother being raped.
- Her mother thought she had an affair with Esteban Loaiza (mother’s ex-husband).
- Rivera stopped talking to her mom two months before her death.
If we missed anything about Chiquis, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
Top Celebrity Partners to Follow!