Anjali Pichai is the wife of the CEO of Alphabet Inc, Sundar Pichai.
Anjali worked as a Business Operations Manager at Intuit though she graduated with a B. Tech degree in Chemical Engineering from the IIT-Kharagpur in 1993.
Top 29 Facts about Anjali Pichai
- Anjali Pichai was born on January 11, 1971, in Kota, Rajasthan, India, to her father, Olaram Haryani.
- She grew up alongside her brother, Amit Haryani, in a Brahmin family.
- Anjali’s father, Olaram remarried Madhuri Sharma on September 23, 2015, in an Arya Samaj Mandir. He was 70 and she was 65.
- The marriage came two years after her mother’s death in 2013.
- As for her education, Anjali joined the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-Kharagpur) in 1989.
- She graduated with a B. Tech degree in Chemical Engineering five years later in 1993.
Married to Sundar Pichai
- Anjali Pichai has been married to Sundar Pichai since the mid-90s.
- The duo first met at college at IIT Kharagpur.
- They were both classmates; Anjali was studying chemical engineering while Sundar was doing his Bachelor’s in metallurgical engineering.
- Sundar proposed to Anjali during his senior year and got engaged.
- However, they only got married a couple of years later since the Google CEO moved to the US to complete his Master’s in Engineering and Materials Science at Stanford University.
- There were no mobile phones at the time and international calls didn’t come cheap, hence, the pair had to go several months without talking to each other.
- Nevertheless, that didn’t stop them from getting married.
Back on Campus with Sunar Pichai
- In 2017, Sundar Pichai came back to his alma mater and discussed his life on campus in an event titled A Journey Back to the Past to Inspire the Future attended by over 3500 students.
- During the event, he reminisced about the time he had to walk up to the girl’s hostel just to talk to Anjali.
I met Anjali at IIT-K and she was my classmate. Just to go get someone at the girl’s hostel, you had to walk in the front and request someone to call them. And they’d go in and loudly say – Anjali, Sundar is here. It wasn’t exactly a pleasant experience.
Mother of Two
- Anjali Pichai and her husband, Sundar Pichai are parents to two children.
- Their elder child, Kavya Pichai was born in February 2003.
- She completed her schooling at Lowell High School.
- As for their second child, Kieran Pichai, he was born in 2007.
What does She do for a Living?
- Well, Anjali Pichai was working as a Business Operations Manager at Intuit the last we checked.
- Prior, she worked as a Business Analyst for Accenture from 1999 to 2002.
- Meanwhile, her husband, Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google and Alphabet Inc.
- He became Google‘s CEO on August 10, 2015, and Alphabet Inc‘s CEO four years later on December 3, 2019.
- Through his successful career, he has accumulated an estimated net worth of around $1.3 billion.
- However, the IIFL Hurun India Rich List 2022 reported that his fortune dropped 20% to ₹5,300 crores (US$65.5 million) in 2022.
Lives in Los Altos Hills
- Anjali Pichai and her family live in Los Altos Hills, California, alongside their pet dog, Jeffree.
- They purchased the 9,717 sq ft property in 2014 for $6 million and renovated it with the help of Robert Swatt, partner at Swatt Miers Architects.
- Their house features a 2 story structure with a swimming pool, spa, reflecting pond, elevator, gym, two laundry rooms, wine cellar, and underground nanny room.
- They lived in a 4,429 sq ft mansion on Donelson Place before moving to their new house.
If we missed anything about Anjali, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
Top Celebrity Partners to Follow!