Ana Leza became famous following her marital relationship with her ex-husband, Antonio Banderas, a Spanish actor, singer, director, and producer.
Leza got married to Antonio in 1987 but divorced 9 years later. She has married again and bore two kids with her second husband.
Let’s get to know more about Banderas’ former partner!
Top 20 Facts of Ana Leza
- Ana Leza was born Ana Arana Leza in Madrid, Spain to her mother, Maria de la Concepcion Leza Nunez AKA Concha Leza.
- Her mother is also an actor with over 89 acting credits under her name. She’s famous for Foul Play, Outrage, and Hospital Central.
Ana and Antonio’s Marriage and Divorce
- Ana and Antonio walked down the aisle on July 27, 1987, at the Church of San Nicholas in Madrid.
- They dated for six months prior to their marriage.
- Leza not only helped her former spouse find a house in Hollywood but also helped him learn English.
- Antonio revealed how his ex-partner helped him get the role in Los Reyes del Mambo.
She helped me translate the script for Los Reyes del Mambo, to work on it, she gave me a lot of confidence. Without her, I would not have gotten the role.Banderas on how his wife helped him get the role for Los Reyes del Mambo
- In 1996, after nine years of a conjugal relationship, Ana and Antonio decided to separate.
- It is believed that her former partner’s extramarital affair with his second wife, Melanie Griffith, was the major reason for their divorce.
- During the divorce settlement, Ana received $14,098.98 (€12,000) per month and 50% benefits from all of his movies made during their marriage.
- Besides them, she also received a $3.995 million mansion in Madrid.
- Several years after their divorce, Antonio revealed his eight days of divorce trial to the journalist, Jesus Quintero.
They left me worse than … It was eight days of trial. It is a business. What the judge wants to know is how much you are going to pay your partner. They grab you by the foot, they shake you and, when the last one is over dollar, they leave you. That’s what they did to meAntonio on his divorce settlement.
Post-Divorce: Ana’s Second Marriage
- Ana Leza walked down the aisle again on November 6, 2000, with her second husband, Dharma Villareal. They married in Santa Barbara, California.
- Her current partner works at the Xerox company as an editor and documentarian.
- With him, she has welcomed two kids, both daughters, Clara Maria and Sofia Macarena.
- All of her family members are followers of Swami Muktananda, the founder of Siddha Yoga, and are actively involved in Siddha Yoga Meditation Foundation.
- Meanwhile, while talking about her ex-partner, he married Melanie Griffith in the same year of his divorce on May 14, 1996, in London.
- They welcomed their daughter, Stella del Carmen Banderas on September 24 of the same year.
- In June 2014, they announced their intention to divorce and filed for separation in Los Angeles Superior Court citing irreconcilable differences. They finalized their divorce in December 2015.
Short Acting Career
- Ana Leza had a very brief acting career with only 11 acting credits.
- She first debuted in Teresa de Jesus in 1984 and went on to appear in Lorca, Muerte de un Poeta, La Mujer de Tu Vida, Sublet, Philadelphia, and Of Love and Shadows.
If we missed anything about Emily, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Celebrity Partners to Follow!
- 16 Facts to Know about J. D. Pardo’s Wife, Emily Frlekin!
- 34 Facts to Know about Russel Peters’ Ex-Fiancee, Ruzanna Khetchian!
- 28 Facts to Know about Beth Shuey, Sean Payton’s Ex-Wife!