Alexis Denisof is an American actor famous for appearing as Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in the TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Denisof is currently married to his wife, Alyson Hannigan, and has two daughters with her. As for his fortune, he is worth an estimated $2 million as of 2021.
Let’s get to know more about Alexis!
Top 45 Facts of Alexis Denisof
- Alexis Denisof was born on February 25, 1996, in Salisbury, Maryland, US.
- He was born to Dr. Christina Taylor and Gerald Denisof.
- Denisof is of Russian, French, and Irish origin.
- He graduated from St. Paul’s School (affiliated with the Episcopal Church) in Concord, New Hampshire prior to attending Highline College.
- He also studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
Married to Alyson Hannigan
- Alexis Denisof married his Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-star, Alyson Hannigan at Two Bunch Palms Resort, Desert Hot Springs, California, on Saturday, October 11, 2003.
- The pair first met on the sets of Buffy the Vampire Slayer during its 3rd season in 1999.
- Denisof didn’t want to get into a relationship because of his previous breakup. Alyson, on the other hand, wanted to start dating.
- Though Alexis and Alyson didn’t get into a relationship, they developed a great friendship and she started dating someone else.
- After Hannigan got into a relationship, Denisof found it difficult to look away. The pair started developing feelings for each other and finally, started dating.
- After a couple of years into their relationship, Alexis proposed to his Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-star. He took her to his mother’s house for Christmas but stopped by a lake around Sonoma and Napa for a short time where he proposed.
The whole time I am getting kind of frustrated, like, ‘Why does he always do this? He says the most romantic things and it would be the perfect way to propose and then he doesn’t propose.’Hannigan thought Alexis wouldn’t propose!
- And, when she thought he wouldn’t, he proposed!
And then, suddenly, he did. “I was like, ‘Huh?’” she said. “Everything in my brain just screeched to a halt. I wish I had TiVo, so I could rewind the whole thing. … It was a complete surprise. But I knew he meant it because he had a ring.”Alexis shocked Alyson by proposing!
- A year after their engagement, the pair walked down the aisle.
- InStyle Magazine featured their wedding in their February 2004 issue.
Renewed Vows During 10-Year Anniversary!
- After 10 years into their marriage, Alexis proposed to his wife again and renewed their vows.
- The renewal plans were revealed through Alyson’s Twitter post.
My hubby @AlexisDenisof surprised me with the most romantic day of my life yesterday! Which included another proposal & ring! I said YES!
- Well, the duo has been together for over 17 years already and despite their packed schedules, they do find time for each other and their kids.
Two Daughters with Alyson
- Together, Alexis Denisof and his partner, Alyson Hannigan have welcomed two kids, both from home births.
- They announced their first pregnancy five years after their wedding around October 2008. A few months later, on March 24, 2009, they gave birth to their first child, Satyana Marie Denisof.
- Satyana and Alyson celebrate their birthday on the same day.
- When she was born, her parents couldn’t name her for four days since they were busy debating over how to spell “Satyana”.
As the pregnancy progressed, the ideas became unique. I loved Satyana but we didn’t name her for four days because we were debating over how to spell it. I finally said [to Alexis], ‘We have to name her because I am tired of calling her baby girl.’Satyana was named four days after her birth.
- Alyson first wanted to name her kid, Madeline but when she found out the name was too popular, she dropped the idea.
[When I got pregnant the first time] we thought of traditional names like Madeline. Then I went on name websites and realized how popular it was which made it go down in ranking.Alyson wanted to name her first child, Madeline.
- In Mid-December 2011, the pair revealed their second pregnancy.
- On May 23, 2012, they welcomed their second child, Keeva Jane Denisof.
- While Satyana, 12, is studying in the 6th grade, Keeva, 9, is in the 3rd grade.
- Alexis and his partner are also the godparents of Joss Whedon‘s son, Arden Whedon.
49 Acting Credits
- Alexis Denisof debuted through George Harrison’s music video, Got My Mind Set on You in 1987. He took the role only to meet the former Beatle. He was paid $500 for the role.
- Two years later, he appeared in the lead role of Tony Zonis in the feature film, Murder Story alongside Christopher Lee.
- He went on to appear in a few other movies and TV series before portraying his well-known role of Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1999.
- The same year, he appeared in its spin-off, Angel for a total of 101 episodes till 2004.
- He also had a recurring role as Sandy Rivers in How I Met Your Mother from 2006 to 2014.
- Besides Alexis has also voiced Nigel Taylor in Tarzan & Jane (2002), Dr. Leo Quintum in All-Star Superman (2011), and Mirror Master in Justice League: Doom (2012).
- His recent role was in the TV series, Legacies as Rupert Vardemus and in the movie, Under My Skin as Mike.
Net Worth of $2 Million
- The 6 feet tall Alexis Denisof has an estimated net worth of around $2 million as of 2021.
- He shares a whopping $40 million fortune with his partner, Alyson Hannigan.
|Movies||Roles||Budget||Box Office Collection|
|Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)||The Other||$232.3 million||$772.8 million|
|Much Ado About Nothing (2012)||Benedick||–||$5.3 million|
|The Avengers (2012)||The Other||$220 million||$1.519 billion|
|Justice League: Doom (2012)||Mirror Master (voice)||–||$7.492 million|
|All-Star Superman (2011)||Dr. Leo Quintum (voice)||–||$7.525 million|
|Love, Wedding, Marriage (2011)||Lloyd||–||$2.173 million|
|Rogue Trader (1999)||Fernando Gueller||$12.8 million||₤969,565 ($1.353 million)|
|First Knight (1995)||Sir Gaheris||$55 million||$127.6 million|
Note: The budget and box office details are collected from Wikipedia, Box Office Mojo, and The Numbers.
Alexis and Alyson’s Homes
- Before getting married, Alexis and his partner purchased a $1.96 million Spanish house in Santa Monica, California. They put the house for sale for $5.1 million in 2018. They had been renting the house for $17,500 per month.
- In 2014, they bought a penthouse in Atlanta and put it up for sale later for $1.349 million.
- A year later, the pair purchased another home in Brentwood Hills for $7.89 million. In 2016, they sold the place for $8.15 million.
- In 2016, the duo bought a mansion in Encino, California for $7.95 million but they listed the property for $8.499 million.
Some More Facts
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanzine named Alexis #3 of the Top Ten Sexiest Men of the Buffy / Angel Universe through a fan poll in 2004.
- Around 2004, during the 5th season of Angel, Denisof was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy. His left face was paralyzed, but he has now fully recovered.
- His mother, who has a Ph.D., taught Drama at Highline College.
- Though he had always been involved in theater, he decided to become an actor only after passing out of St. Paul’s School.
- He has also worked as a sword-fight director during his time with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Denisof has also appeared in plays such as Hamlet, Cyrano de Bergerac, and Rope at the London stage.
If we missed anything about Alexis, do tell us through the comments section below. Until then, keep following Celebs Record.
More Celebrity Partners to Follow!
More Actors to Follow!
- 19 Facts to Know about Jenni Rivera’s Son, Michael Marin Rivera!
- 17 Facts to Know about Actor Harris Yulin!